Ice Cream in a Bag
1. Gather for each adult and child so all get their own Ziploc bags:
1 – small (sandwich or quart-sized)
1 – large (gallon-sized)
2. Place 10 ice cubes and 3 tablespoons of salt into each large bag.
3. Measure into small bag and seal tightly:
1/2 cup whole or 2% milk
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
4. Place small bag into large bag. Seal tightly!
5. Shake for 5 minutes. Open and eat. Enjoy!
Hint: Push all the ice cream to the bottom of the smaller bag, then cut off the top.
What can you talk about for those 5 lo-o-o-ong minutes?
- Ask what one thing the child is looking forward to the most this summer.
- Share the positive character traits you see in your child. Make a big deal about it.
- Tell what you used to do in the summer when you were little.
- Tell at least one thing you did that was really dumb, like running after the mosquito spraying truck.
- Make the point that listening to parents is a good idea so you don’t do dumb things like that.